The opportunity to change the world is around every corner. B.A.R.E. Truth, Inc. is eagerly responding to the needs of our community. This non-profit and community based organization has employed a philanthropic thinking and more entrepreneurial approach to become more agile, adept, and prepared to better service communities. B.A.R.E. Truth, Inc. seeks to decrease divisions between corporate and community, including increasing the value of strong support among different sectors in our societies.
B.A.R.E. TRUTH, INC. AFFORDABLE HOUSING & UNSTABLE HOUSING IMPACTS
Improving the stability and quality of life for families and communities is one of the key strategic goals that B.A.R.E. TRUTH commits to accomplish. However, it is important to understand the impacts of unstable housing to find purpose in reaching set goals. What are the disadvantages in communities without affordable housing?
In the U.S., one in four renters pay more than 50% of their income on rent, leaving less money for other important expenses like transportation, food, health care or education (Brisson, 2014). The unstable housing breakdown below is based on a research report by Amy Brisson, Program Director at Enterprise Community Partners.
Unstable housing or homelessness ⇒⇒ leads to stress and difficulty in learning for children
Stress & difficulty in learning ⇒⇒ disrupted school attendance ⇒⇒ poorer school performance
Forms of Housing Instability:
- High Housing Costs related to income
- Poor housing quality
- Multiple housing moves
Health Risks for Children due to Housing Instability:
- General poor health
- Low weight
- Development delays
- Increased lifetime risk of depression
Health Risks for Adults due to Housing Instability:
- Reduced access to care
- Postponing needed health care
- Postponing needed medications
- Mental distress
- Difficulty sleeping
- Incidents of depression
According to Amy Brisson, Program Director and the Children’s Health Watch, affordable housing protects children from harmful health risks. For instance, there is +35% greater chance of being classified as a ‘well’ child. Additionally, there -27% lower risk of being seriously underweight and -19% lower risk of being food insecure.
B.A.R.E. TRUTH, INC. provides access to decent and affordable housing. The ‘B House’ provides critical stability for families and lowers the risk of homelessness for vulnerable families. The ‘B House’ advantages are:
- Increase the amount of resources that families or adults can put toward other household necessities and future savings
- Help create a stable environment for children, which leads to improved educational outcomes
- Improve health by providing stability, including increasing resources for food and health care
- Increase access to amenities in quality homes
- Separate room accommodations for adults, families, and seniors
- Affordable housing located near public transportation
- ‘B House’ has a positive effect on surrounding property values
- Advocate for improved mental and physical health, quality of life, and independence for low-income seniors
INSPIRING THE B.A.R.E. TRUTH WAY
B.A.R.E. TRUTH, INC. has teamed up with Environmental Charter Middle School in Inglewood, California to mentor 7th and 8th grade boys. The Gentleman’s League course focuses on career and character development. The purpose of this elective is to work with students to communicate valuable career path options and share personal experiences. The instructor provides guidance, motivation, emotional support, and strong role modeling/mentorship throughout the course cycle.
B.A.R.E. Truth, Inc. is committed to helping students explore career opportunities, strong goal orientation, trust building, and skill-awareness to assist with the youth’s personal and future professional growth. The video below shows the students expressing their experience with the Gentleman’s League course.
DONATION CHART AND HOW TO POSITIVELY IMPACT LIVES
B.A.R.E. TRUTH, INC. SHIRTS & UPCOMING HARVEST FEST
AVAILABLE NOW! AVAILABLE NOW!
BREAST CANCER AWARENESS QUALITY SHIRTS AND BRACELETS
Join B.A.R.E. TRUTH, INC. to honor all breast cancer survivors. Contact us for more information.
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS – VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Saturday, November 09, 2019 – Homeless / Skid Row Outreach. We will feed, provide water and pass out hygiene bags.
- Time: 9: 00 a.m. at the ‘B House’ to prepare food, then heading out to Skid Row at 11 a.m.
- Location: 6th and Wall St. (Skid Row); email B.A.R.E. Truth, Inc. for more information on itinerary.
- Items we need: turkey meat, cheese, socks, water, backpacks, hygiene products, blankets, nail clippers, hand towels, tents, adult clothes and adult shoes.
B.A.R.E. Truth, Inc. host events monthly and your support either in a monetary form or other donations is greatly appreciated. Please connect with us!! Can we count on you with a monthly monetary donation of $5, $10, $20, or more? Please note, ALL contributions help the clients we serve! JOIN US AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Please Sign Up or Donate, link available below.
For those who would like to volunteer, but you are not able to, then donating is an option too!
DONATE AND CLICK HERE (EASY & SECURE):
- ALL YOUR DONATIONS ARE 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
REASONS TO VOLUNTEER
- Be part of the solution – key to a life of happiness.
- Level up your passionate interest and skills – what are you passionate about?
- Pay-it-forward – practice gratefulness!
- Empower people to be their best selves – help others succeed!
- Create more positive experiences by – contributing time or money.
Brisson, A. (2014). Impact of affordable housing on families and communities: A review of the evidence base. (Report No. 13210). Retrieved from Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. website: https://www.enterprisecommunity.org/resources/impact-affordable-housing-families-and-communities-review-evidence-base-13210
© 2019 B.A.R.E. TRUTH, INC. – Making copies or using of any part of the B.A.R.E. TRUTH News Blog or website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from B.A.R.E. TRUTH, INC.